The services doula’s provide, often include:
- meeting before the birth to discuss your birth preferences or provide support to develop a birth plan.
- access to books, videos and other resources on birth, breastfeeding and early parenting.
- being on-call for you 24 hours a day, from the beginning of the 38th week and until you go into labour.
- remaining with you continuously once labour has begun and until after your baby is born.
- using non-medical comfort techniques for labour and birth including massage, breathwork, heat/cold therapy, hydrotherapy, positioning, guided visualization and enhancing privacy.
- facilitating effective communication between you and your midwife/doctor.
- documenting your labour and birth through a written birth log, photography or video as desired.
- meeting with you after the birth to discuss the birth and provide you with support around early parenting issues.